Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pit Bulls...

Pit bulls have a bad reputation in the media. I own a mixed breed of one, and a Cavalier Spaniel. The only one who has bitten me is Molly, the spaniel. I got Shelby from the pound, but it turned out I knew who had her before! She had gotten loose when her other mom had moved away and she didn't show up at the pound until a few months later, after she had given up on anyone finding her. Shelby is sweet and calm, and as long as she gets loved on she's the happiest girl in the world. She doesn't even get jealous, but she loves to be the center of attention. She is older, and she has never growled at anyone. It aggravates me how the media portrays the dogs. The Michael Vick case is probably the most famous, but there are constanly dog fighting rings that are broken up. It breaks my heart and I would love to dognap all of those dogs and raise them, but I'm not able to do that. I don't see how people can be so mean. Pits are such smart dogs, they will do anything their master wants them to do. That's where there downfall is, because if someone wants to make them mean, they will be mean. I'm not going to deny that some are mean but I wholeheartedly believe that they are raised to be that way. It works the same with people.

Out of all the dogs I've ever met, the smaller dogs were the more vicious! I used to be scared of German Shepherds but I've never had a bad experience. Most of the Chihuahuas I've met have growled or snapped at me. My boyfriend's cousin has a Jack Russell terrier that is cranky and snappy too. I know that dog has not been mistreated or anything either, I think it's "small dog syndrome!" What's your experiences with Pitbull types of dogs?

This is the scrapbook page I made of my Shelby girl



Here are some pictures I had pinned on Pinterest...






Look at that cutie! Who could be mean to that sweet face?


No comments:

Post a Comment