Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why We Work- Link Up!




Jeren and me at Top of the Rock, NYC, May 2012

Jeren and I will have been officially together for two years on March 29. It has been a wild and crazy ride since the first night we met at Sam's Club. Truth be told, we didn't like each other very much at first! He was a know-it-all and I thought I knew it all, even though I was just beginning my job there.

After a few months we hung out with a mutual friend, and found that we had a connection. It just was magical! Seriously, though, we could talk about anything and we had a lot in common. We liked a lot of the same music but we had completely different movie tastes.

He is a very handy-man type of guy. He is a problem solver and he can fix so many things. He has worked on my house and my car, and he always does a fantastic job. I'm not a problem-solver, I am a problem causer! (Haha- I can laugh at myself!) He used to rescue me at work when I had to build furniture because I never knew what I was doing!

We work because we have grown together the past two years. We have open and honest commuication, even when it is something that one of us doesn't want to hear. I think that is the biggest thing, because we don't hide things from each other. He can see right through me if I tried anyway!

We work because we are able to laugh and have a good time. We've had so much fun, from going to NYC and random places along the way, to staying at home having lazy evenings with our animals. He also has grown to love my Molly girl. Who wouldn't love this spoiled little face?

We work because we both want each other and we are willing to do what it takes. I am so proud of my boyfriend and I try to make him feel special every day. I know we both have failures and troubles but we help each other through it. I don't know why he loves me the way he does but I am so very thankful that God has blessed me with him! 


At Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, one of our favorite places!


Times Square, one of my favorite places!


With my brother in this picture, one of my favorite memories was at Monticello, the homeplace of Thomas Jefferson. It came up a huge thunderstorm while we were there! I wanted to cuddle in one of the old beds ;) 


Outside Ripley's Aquarium at Christmastime! Love this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment