Sunday, March 16, 2014

It's Bristol Baby!!

This weekend was the Spring NASCAR race in my town of Bristol. It seemed kind of sad this time, because there was hardly anyone here for it! We drove through traffic yesterday morning, and the campgrounds were fairly (really) empty. March is too early for a race in east TN! It always rains, sometimes snows, and today was another example of bad weather. They just finished the race about 20 minutes ago. It was supposed to begin at 1:00, and it's now 10. It rained off and on all day, and they kept having to dry the track. It's also chilly outside. I'm glad I watched from the comfort of my mom's house. I enjoy the August race, but this one needs to be held later, like in April or May.

Another thing they could do to boost attendance is lower the ticket prices. Actually, a lot of people get them in giveaways because since they "fixed" the track, no one wrecks and tempers are under control so the race isn't as exciting. I miss the old Bristol.... Hopefully, this fall my boyfriend and I will go hang out. The August race is one huge party!

This guy is your winner.... the back-flipping Carl Edwards! I can handle that, but I wish Jr or Jimmie Johnson had won!


No comments:

Post a Comment